FEFLOW 6 comes with native user interfaces for Microsoft Windows environments as well as for Linux operating systems.
- Windows XP, 2003 Server, 2008 Server, Vista, Windows 7
- 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (x64) Editions
- FEFLOW is available for a number of different 32bit and 64bit Linux distributions. Please check the download section for currently available installations.
- Installation packages for other Linux systems may be available on request (support(at)dhi-wasy.de).
FEFLOW applies the Open Graphics Library (OpenGL) for hardware-based graphics acceleration.
An OpenGL-compliant graphics adapter greatly improves graphics performance when working with 2D and 3D models.
- Experience has shown that medium-priced graphics adapters of brand manufacturers provides optimal cost-efficiency.
- The latest graphics driver should be installed to ensure optimal performance and stability.
- The actual memory (RAM) requirements depend on the size and type of the models that are to be computed.
- A 64-bit operating system is recommended on systems with more than 2 GB RAM.
- The computational speed increases approximately proportional with the CPU clock rate.
- FEFLOW supports parallel processing on multi-core / multi-processor machines (shared memory).
Human Interface Devices
- The usage of a three-buttoned computer mouse is recommended for optimal convenience.
- A free USB port is required for the hardware dongle if the license is not obtained via network. (more info on hardware dongles)